Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits are delicious and something you can enjoy right at home! They’re fluffy, golden biscuits, bursting with cheesy flavors and aromatic garlic butter, have captured the hearts and taste buds of millions around the world. Whether you’re enjoying a cozy family dinner or a gathering with friends, cheddar bay biscuits are the ideal companion to elevate any meal to new heights.
The first bite into a warm, freshly baked Cheddar Bay Biscuit is nothing short of heavenly. As you break through its tender layers, the scent of melted cheddar cheese envelopes your senses, while subtle hints of garlic tantalize your taste buds. The perfect balance of savory flavors is what has made these biscuits a renowned sensation amongst food lovers.
If you love Red Lobster, chances are you have fallen in love with their Cheddar Bay Biscuits! Now, you can actually make these delicious biscuits all from the comfort of your own home. The best part is that they taste just as great as the ones served at Red Lobster without being so overly heavy, and all it takes is a handful of ingredients and a little bit of time. Few dishes can match the salty kick that only Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits can provide, so impress your loved ones with this flavorful taste sensation!
Please check out the recipe card for a full list of ingredients and instructions.
- Flour – The basis of this recipe is flour.
- Salt – Salt is necessary to add flavor and texture to the biscuits.
- Baking powder – The baking powder helps give the biscuits that magical rise.
- Garlic powder – Garlic powder adds an extra layer of flavor to the biscuits.
- Shredded cheddar cheese – Adding cheddar cheese to the biscuits will give them a rich and savory flavor.
- Buttermilk – The secret ingredient makes these biscuits so tender and moist.
- Melted butter – Melted butter is brushed on top of the biscuits to give them that golden brown color.
Cheddar Bay Biscuits surpass traditional bread rolls with their versatility. They effortlessly complement a wide variety of dishes, whether they be soups, salads, main courses, or even breakfast spreads. Crumble these biscuits over a steaming bowl of creamy chowder for an added textural dimension, or enjoy them as a flavorful side to soak up the sauce of your favorite pasta dish. From breakfast to dinner, there is no limit to how you can incorporate cheddar bay biscuits into your meals.
How to Store Copycat Red Lobster Biscuits
To store the leftovers of your Copycat Red Lobster Biscuits, place them in an airtight container or a Ziploc bag and keep them in the fridge for up to 3 days. Alternatively, you can freeze the biscuits individually on a baking sheet and then transfer them to a freezer bag once they are frozen. This will help you to keep them fresh for up to 2 months. To defrost, simply take the biscuits out of the freezer and thaw them at room temperature or in the microwave until soft and warm.
Extra Tips for Making Copycat Red Lobster Biscuits
- Do not buy bag cheese for this recipe, instead, use a block of cheese to shred for best results.
- When mixing the butter and parsley mixture, microwave the mixture for a few seconds right before the biscuits come out if need be. This will help ensure that the mixture coats the biscuits evenly.
- These have a great cheddar, garlic, and butter taste to them! The perfect taste for any meal that you’re making.
- These biscuits are very moist on the inside, which means they are not dry at all.
- Store these biscuits at room temperature in an air-tight container.
- Be sure not to over too much flour. The best way to measure out flour while baking is by using a scale or pouring the flour into a measuring cup instead of scoping.
- The primary taste of these biscuits comes from the cheddar cheese, baked flour, and butter flavors.
- You’ll also notice that a lot of the delicious flavoring comes from garlic and parsley.
Who makes the Red Lobster biscuit mix?
Unfortunately, Red Lobster does not currently offer a biscuit mix for sale. However, you can easily make your own Copycat Red Lobster Biscuits at home using the simple recipe provided above.
What are Cheddar Bay Biscuits?
Cheddar Bay Biscuits are a popular item on the menu at Red Lobster restaurants. These tasty, savory biscuits are made with a combination of flour, salt, baking powder, garlic powder, cheddar cheese, and buttermilk. They are typically brushed with melted butter and served hot out of the oven.
Does Red Lobster make their biscuits?
Yes, Red Lobster makes their own biscuits, and they have a very specific process. The recipe is a closely-guarded secret, but the general steps are simple enough.
More Recipes You Will Love!
Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons melted butter divided
- 1 heavy teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and prepare a 11×17 baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and garlic powder. Mix with a fork until well combined.
- Add cheese and continue to mix until all of the cheese is fully coated.
- Add in buttermilk and ½ cup melted butter. Combine well until the mixture is thick and similar to a “wet/loose dough”.
- Lightly scoop the mixture using a spoon of a ¼ measuring cup and spoon out biscuits onto the baking sheet, dolloping 1-2 heavy spoonfuls. Be sure to leave about 2 inches in between each biscuit.
- Place the baking sheet inside the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- While the biscuits are baking, prepare the topping by combining the remaining 2 tablespoons of melted butter, dried parsley and garlic powder in a small mixing bowl. Mix well using a fork until well combined.
- When the biscuits are done, use a silicone brush to brush the melted butter mixture over them immediately.
- Allow the biscuits to cool on the pan for about 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack or serving plate. Serve as a side or appetizer with your favorite meal.