Trying to make this Fantasy Fudge for the first time is easier than you might think. This fudge is pure creamy bliss using sugar, butter, marshmallow crème, and a few other ingredients.
Making your own Fantasy Fudge is a fun and easy way to enjoy the delicious taste of this classic treat. This recipe is simple to follow and yields a batch of creamy, chocolatey goodness that will satisfy any sweet tooth. Best of all, you can customize the ingredients to create your perfect flavor combinations.
If we’re talking about making something easy, then that recipe always gets put on the must make list. This is one of those recipes that takes no time to get done, and everyone loves it because it literally is the perfect recipe that creates dreamy, creamy fudge!
Why You’ll Love Recipe for Fantasy Fudge
- Fantasy Fudge is super easy to make and doesn’t require too much work.
- There are no weird or exotic ingredients in the recipe. Rather, just simple pantry staples that you probably already have stocked at home.
- Unlike traditional fudge recipes, this one can be made with only a few simple steps. In fact, it can be ready in under 15 minutes!
- Sugar – To make the fudge sweet, you’ll need granulated sugar.
- Butter – Just make sure the butter is at room temp.
- Evaporated milk – You can’t make fudge without evaporated milk.
- Milk chocolate chips – Dark chocolate chips may be used instead.
- Marshmallow fluff – The main ingredient in this dish is marshmallow fluff.
- Vanilla – You want the fudge to have a sweet flavor.
- Salt – A little salt to balance the sweetness.
- Chopped walnuts – Chopped pecans may be used instead.
Tips for Making the Best Fantasy Fudge
- If you wish for a thinner fudge, you may use a 9×13” baking dish instead.
- I highly recommend using a candy thermometer when heating up the sugar mixture. It is important to be very precise with reaching the correct temperature without going over.
- Resist the urge to increase the heat while simmering the milk and sugar. The temperature will stall once it hits 225°. Be patient and let it continue to simmer. Increasing the heat also means increasing the risk of scalding the milk, which can give the fudge a burnt flavor.
How do I freeze fudge?
This fudge freezes really well. Store it in a freezer bag or container for up to 3
months. Once ready to serve, remove it from the freezer and let it set at room
temp for a few minutes. It doesn’t take long to become soft again.
What is the texture of this fudge?
Thick, sweet, melt in your mouth, rich chocolate fudge with chopped walnuts throughout create a fantastic, classic dessert wonderful for the holidays.
How do you make fantasy fudge not grainy?
You can make the fudge less grainy by stirring constantly helps prevent the sugars from crystallizing.
Should fantasy fudge be refrigerated?
Yes, you should refrigerate fantasy fudge. Storing it in the fridge will help prevent it from getting too soft or grainy. It will also maintain its freshness and flavor for longer periods of time. To enjoy your fudge at its best, let it thaw out at room temperature before eating.
MORE RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE!
- 2 2/3 c sugar
- 2/3 c butter room temp
- 2/3 c evaporated milk
- 2 c milk chocolate chips
- 2/3 c marshmallow fluff
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c chopped walnuts
- Line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. Add sugar, butter and evaporated milk to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then turn down to a simmer. Stirring constantly, simmer the sugar mixture for about 10-12 minutes, until the temperature reaches 235°. Once the temperature is reached, remove from heat.
- Add the chocolate chips to the saucepan and stir until they have completely melted. The mixture will be very thick. Next, add in marshmallow fluff, vanilla and salt and mix to combine.
- Add in walnuts and fold in using a rubber spatula. Transfer the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish and spread out evenly. You may top with additional walnuts if desired.
- Let the fudge set for about 3-4 hours before serving.