These Homemade Twix Cookies are a delicious shortbread cookie topped with chewy caramel and smooth creamy chocolate!
These cookies are your favorite twix candy bar in cookie form, what could be better!?
Ultra decadent to the very last bite!
Give the gift of unique twix cookies to your loved ones this holiday season!
There is seriously no better dessert more qualified to satisfy your *sweets* cravings other than these chocolate caramel shortbread cookies!
They are a purely irresistible cookie that are also wonderful for bake sales, holidays or any occasion where you want to impress!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Homemade Twix Cookies!
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 15 oz bag of Kraft caramel
- 2 Tbsp evaporated milk
- 2 cups Ghiradellhi melting chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add your butter and sugar and using an electric mixer cream the ingredients together.
- Add vanilla, flour and salt and mix until well combined.
- Using a cutting board or your counter add flour to the surface.
- Roll the dough out to 1/2 inch thick.
- With a small circle cookie cutter, cut out cookies.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and place the cookies onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cookies cool completely.
- In a medium sauce pan add your caramel and evaporated milk.
- Have your heat set to medium and stir until melted.
- Take a spoon and scoop melted caramel onto the cookies and spread from edge to edge covering the whole surface.
- Let the cookie sit for the caramel to set.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate wafers for 30 seconds and repeat as needed.
- Spread over the tops of cooled caramel.
- Let chocolate set before eating and serving.