You know it, you love it, and at one point, it was no longer on the menu, but now you never have to worry about that again. Learn how to make the tasty Taco Bell Mexican Pizza right at home!
If you’ve always been a Taco Bell Mexican Pizza fan, you’re in luck! With this recipe, you’ll discover exactly what you need to make from scratch at home. Save your money and start preparing these flavorful Mexican-style pizzas as often as you’d like using tortillas, refried beans, ground beef, salsa, and more!
Mexican Pizza Recipe
I’ve always been a Taco Bell Mexican Pizza fan, so you can imagine my disappointment when they took it off the menu for a while. The only good that came of it is this incredible Mexican pizza recipe that I learned to prepare at home in my kitchen! If you’re anything like me and love it as much as I do, I encourage you to give this a try because it tastes just as good, if not better, than what you can get at Taco Bell!
Why You’ll Love This Homemade Mexican Pizza
- Simple – You might think making something like a Mexican pizza is super complicated. However, it’s much easier than you might think, so give it a try and see for yourself.
- Delicious – The flavor of this pizza is amazing. It combines all the flavors you love on tacos into something you can just like you would a pizza.
- Customizable – You can add or eliminate different toppings based on what you enjoy most to make this pizza even better for you.
Taco Bell Mexican Pizza Ingredients
If you’ve always wanted to know how to make a Mexican Pizza, start by gathering your must-have ingredients, such as:
- Flour Tortillas – Grab a bag of the smaller flour tortillas to prepare this pizza at home.
- Refried Beans – You can use your favorite brand of refried beans, such as Old El Paso or Good & Gather.
- Taco Seasoning – Be sure to season your ground beef with plenty of taco seasoning.
- Ground Beef – Use 80/20 or 90/10 ground beef to prepare your pizza.
- Mexican Cheese Blend – You’ll spread the cheese over your beef and refried beans, letting it melt to perfection.
- Salsa – Use Taco Bell’s salsa or a can of enchilada sauce, whichever you have on hand.
Besides these ingredients, you’ll also need oil, sour cream, tomatoes, and green onions.
Mexican Pizza Notes
- Get your tortillas crispy by frying them in the oil. Feel free to use olive oil or vegetable oil, whichever you currently have available.
- Although the recipe calls for specific ingredients, you can add more to your Mexican pizzas, including jalapeno slices, banana peppers, black olives, and anything else you enjoy.
- Don’t make these ahead of time. They will get soggy and won’t have the same great taste if you do.
Variations of the Mexican-Style Pizza
- If you don’t want to use Mexican blend cheese, you can swap it out for sharp or mild shredded cheddar cheese on your pizza.
- Make your pizza as spicy as possible by using hot salsa for the spread and then tossing sliced jalapenos over the cheese.
- You can use different types of refried beans, such as refried pinto beans or refried black beans, to alter the taste of the Taco Bell Mexican Pizza!
Copycat Taco Bell Pizza FAQs
Can I skip the refried beans?
If you’re not a fan of refried beans, you can leave them out and replace them with extra salsa. You can also add a bit of sour cream for an added touch at the end.
What taco seasoning should I use?
You can use any kind of taco seasoning you personally prefer, such as Taco Bell, Old El Paso, or even McCormick. Feel free to use your own seasoning blend consisting of chili powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder if you don’t have a packet of seasoning around.
This recipe is an easy, at-home version of the Taco Bell favorite. it’s a fun meal the whole family will love!
Can I make this a meat-free dish?
Absolutely. If you don’t eat meat, you can replace it with Beyond the Meat crumbles or leave it out altogether. You can also use black beans as a replacement for ground beef, seasoning them with the taco seasoning blend to enhance the taste.
This recipe is one that you are going to want to make at least once a week! My daughter loves this recipe and its much healthier and cheaper to make them right at home!
MORE RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE!
Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
- 10 small flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 ounce package taco seasoning
- ½ cup refried beans
- ½ cup Taco Bell salsa or enchilada sauce
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 roma tomato diced
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- Heat the oil in a pan and add a tortilla. Brown one side and flip over. Lightly brown the other side. Remove the tortilla from the pan and repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Cook the meat in a pan until no longer pink, then add the taco seasoning and stir well.
- Heat the oven to 400° and line a cookie sheet with tinfoil or parchment paper.
- Heat the refried beans for 20 seconds in the microwave, then spread the beans over 5 tortillas.
- Spread the beef over the beans. Top with a tortilla and spoon sauce over the tortilla.
- Sprinkle it with cheese. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Place in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Serve with diced tomatoes, a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of onions.