Add a special twist to a satisfying appetizer with this recipe for Avocado Deviled Eggs. They’re easy to make and full of flavor! Who needs regular deviled eggs when you can have these!
Enjoy the wholesome taste of deviled eggs with the addition of avocado when following this fun and simple recipe. These Avocado Deviled Eggs are perfect for all occasions!
Avocado Deviled Eggs
You’ve had deviled eggs before, but have you ever tried them with the addition of a few special ingredients, such as avocado? If not, you’re missing out on the most spectacular appetizer recipe ever. And while it might sound a bit dramatic, it’s absolutely true. As soon as I prepare these Avocado Deviled Eggs for the family, they’re gone in a matter of minutes because everyone loves them that much. If you’re looking for something creamy, tasty, and super delicious to make with minimal ingredients in no time, this is the perfect recipe for you.
Why You’ll Love the Avocado Eggs Deviled
- They have such incredible taste. It’s like having a regular deviled egg, only even better because of the added flavor.
- It’s easy to prepare these Avocado Deviled Eggs. You don’t have to worry about spending all day in the kitchen preparing them.
- These deviled eggs are great for parties, family gatherings, and so much more!
Deviled Avocado Eggs Recipe Ingredients
- Eggs – Grab six large eggs for this recipe.
- Avocado – Slice your avocado in half, remove the seed, and peel.
- Bacon – Dice two slices of bacon into small pieces.
- Cilantro Leaves – Chop your fresh cilantro leaves into small pieces.
- Lemon Juice – Use a tablespoon of lemon juice for a bit of zestiness.
- Lemon Zest – Zest the lemon and add that to your mixture.
You’ll also need salt, pepper, and chopped red onion. You have the option of adding cayenne pepper to these eggs, too.
Deviled Eggs with Avocado Variations
- Make your deviled eggs spicy by adding cayenne pepper to your mixture. You can also add a bit of jalapeno juice or chop up some jalapenos and add them to your deviled eggs.
- Switch up the flavor by using different types of bacon. You can choose between pork, beef, or even turkey bacon and select specific flavors to add a smoky or sweet taste to your eggs.
- Add some sweet relish into the mixture with your avocado and egg for a sweeter taste.
Avocado Deviled Eggs Notes
- After you’ve boiled your eggs, allow them to sit in a bowl of cool ice water for at least 15 minutes before attempting to peel them.
- Make sure your avocado is ripe. It must be ripe in order for you to get that creamy texture for this recipe.
- It’s important to use lemon juice in this recipe because it keeps the avocado from turning brown. Of course, oxidation will happen after a while, but as long as you don’t make these too far in advance, they can continue to look as good as they taste.
How many eggs will this recipe make?
You’ll have 12 deviled eggs when following this recipe. However, if you need more than that, simply double the recipe.
Do I need to use fresh lemon juice?
It’s best to use fresh lemon juice. If possible, slice a lemon in half and then squeeze out a tablespoon of the juice for your mixture. You’ll also use the lemon peel to get the zest for these eggs. You can use bottled lemon juice if you don’t have a lemon.
Can I make these deviled eggs without the bacon?
Absolutely. The bacon adds a crunch to these deviled eggs and enhances their flavor by adding a slight saltiness to them. However, if you don’t like bacon or don’t have it at home to use, you don’t need it.
What other seasonings would go well with these eggs?
You can use everything but the bagel, chili lime, or any other seasoning that you personally enjoy and would normally put on egg salad or deviled eggs. Get as creative as you’d like. However, these Avocado Deviled Eggs truly don’t need much else because they’re full of flavor.
More Recipes You Will Love!
Avocado Deviled Eggs
- 2 slices bacon diced
- 6 large eggs
- 1 avocado halved, seeded and peeled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1⁄8 tsp teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- Optional: cayenne pepper
- Cut hard boiled eggs in half.
- Scoop yolk out of center of eggs.
- In a small bowl, combine yolks, avocado, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and red
- onion. Use a fork to mix.
- Using a spoon, add a tablespoon or two of yolk mixture to the center of the egg white.
- Place small crumbles of bacon on top of each avocado deviled egg.
- Dust top of egg with cayenne pepper.