If you love churros, you have to give this churro Chex mix a try. Rice and corn Chex cereal, pretzels, and peanuts, smothered in a cinnamon and sugar glaze. This sweet and salty snack mix is a delicious treat.
A cinnamon-spiced snack mix that you can serve up at a movie night, mid-day snack, or serve up for a crowd. This sweet and crunchy Chex mix is a crowd-pleaser.
Also, you can learn how to make churros at home for a sweet treat as well. Or serve up these Ritz churro bites, for another tasty snack mix. I also make a great stuffed churro cookie, that the whole family could enjoy.
Reasons You Will Love This Churro Chex Mix
- Sweet and salty all-in-one easy snack mix recipe. You have cinnamon and sugar flavor in each bite paired with the salt from the peanuts and pretzels.
- Crunchy and so satisfying to snack on.
- Great for a crowd or whip it up and snack on through the week.
- Versatile in the ingredients you use to make this churro recipe.
- This is a great snack or dessert to gift to loved ones around the holiday season.
You might also love this Christmas reindeer mix, which is totally addictive.
Ingredients You Will Need
Chex Cereal – You are using a mix of Chex rice and corn cereal. This adds more flavor and texture to the mix.
Butter – Reach for real butter as it is going to help add a rich buttery flavor and help the sugar and cinnamon stick to the cereal and pretzels.
Pretzels – You can use any shape of pretzels you want for this mix.
Peanuts – I recommend using roasted peanuts as it is going to help provide the best flavor.
Sugar – Brown sugar and granulated sugar will both be used to create sweetness and dimension to the mixture.
Cinnamon – You will use cinnamon to create the classic churro flavor.
Variations And Mix-Ins
- Dried Fruit
- Mini Marshmallows
- Goldfish Crackers
- Crumbled Cookies
- Coconut Flakes
- Chocolate Chips
- Mini Ritz Crackers
- Cayenne Pepper
- Peanut Butter Chips
The mix-in items and variations to this recipe are truly endless. Pick and choose any of your favorite snack items.
Tips For Success
Ensure that you evenly coat the cereal, pretzels, and nuts. This is going to ensure you get an even flavor in each bite.
Make sure that when you are doing the melted butter and cinnamon mixture you don’t get it too hot, or it can burn. You can warm the butter in the microwave or heat it in a small saucepan on the stovetop.
Parchment Lined Baking Tray
You can line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat to help prevent sticking and also ensure that there is an easier cleanup.
Rimmed Baking Tray
Ensure that you use a rimmed baking tray so that the mixture stays in the tray when you go to stir it around. If you don’t have a rimmed tray you can use a casserole pan.
Make sure as the Chex mix is baking in the oven you will evenly toss to ensure the mixture stays incorporated. If you don’t it will burn as it is baking in the oven.
Cool Before You Serve
Make sure that you allow time for the churro mix to fully cool once you remove it from the oven. This will allow the mix to have a crunchier texture. You also need to ensure it is dry before you place it in a container or it can cause it to spoil.
More Sweet and Salty Recipes
Churro Chex Mix
- 4 cups box rice chex cereal
- 4 cups box corn chex cereal
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup melted butter unsalted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 275F and then line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Next in a large bowl add your cereals, pretzels and peanuts.
- In a small bowl add your butter and brown sugar, and melt in the microwave or on the stovetop till fully melted.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and set to the side.
- Mix up the cereal mixture and pour in the butter and brown sugar and mix until fully coated. Then toss the mixture with the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Spread in an even layer to the baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes. Stir every 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to fully cool before you place in a container for storing.