Whip up a pan of this Halloween lush dessert and watch it be the talk of the evening. This is a layered dessert is completely NO BAKE and made with crushed cookies, a creamy cheesecake layer, an orange-flavored creamy layer, and whipped topping. Decorate with spooky and creepy Halloween sprinkles and candies.
Are you looking for a deliciously spooky dessert that will send shivers down your spine? Look no further! Introducing my famous No Bake Layered Halloween Lush! My hauntingly easy-to-make dessert is perfect for Halloween parties and gatherings. It’s a layered delight that will leave your taste buds screaming for more! So let’s get started on this wickedly good recipe!
This is a really fun dessert that even your kids might enjoy helping to create, or at least decorate! A bright and colorful Halloween treat that is a sliceable dessert for all to enjoy.
The fun part – decorating! Unleash your creativity by adding spooky Halloween-themed candies, edible eyeballs like I did here and decorations on top. You can go for ghostly sugar eyes, chocolate bats, or even sprinkle on some edible glitter for an extra ghostly touch!
What is a lush dessert?
Lush desserts are simply layered dessert that typically has a crunchy base, and layers of creamy flavors all that work together to create a decadent layered dessert that fits serving up a crowd.
Are lush desserts difficult to make?
Lush desserts are pretty easy and straightforward to make. The hardest part is that you work in layers. So you will assemble the mixture, create a layer, and then repeat with another layer.
Reasons You Will Love This Halloween Lush Dessert
- This is a no-bake dessert that is layers of crunch and creamy all in one.
- The layers are Halloween colors. Orange and black layers and then topped with festive sprinkles.
- Kid-friendly flavors. Also if you have kids they might enjoy helping in the kitchen.
- You can make this the night before you need or want to slice and serve it up. A great make-ahead Halloween dessert.
- It doesn’t take much time to make this dessert. You do have to dirty a few extra dishes for ensuring each layer is defined. But trust me the flavors are worth it.
- Less stress as you can make it ahead of time for when you get a craving for something for a party, but don’t want to fuss with it the day of the party. Make this up the day before you plan to serve it up.
Cookies: I used Oreo sandwich cookies for the crust. But any chocolate sandwich cookie will work.
Butter: Real butter, not margarine is needed for making up the crust layer.
Jello: Orange gelatin is what you will use for the one layer.
Pudding: Instant vanilla pudding is what we used for the creamy layer to help give it that ultra-smooth and rich texture.
Milk: Whole milk is going to offer the richest flavor. Now if you need to go right ahead and use a lower percentage of milk.
Cream Cheese: Make sure the cream cheese is softened so you can mix it up with the other ingredients.
Powdered Sugar: If your powdered sugar has a lot of clumps then you will simply sift the powdered sugar first.
Whipped Cream: Cool Whip is best as it has the most stabilized texture. But you can make homemade if you want.
Food Coloring: I used green and purple food coloring to give it that rich Halloween color. Feel free to use a different Halloween color if you want.
Sprinkles: Any Halloween sprinkles you have on hand will work for this recipe.
Variations to Recipe
- Change up the orange jello with a different flavor of jello if you want. Purple, red, green, are all great Halloween colors.
- You can change the vanilla pudding with any flavor you would like. Just know if you do a dark color like chocolate it is going to affect the look of your layers.
- You can color the layers any way you want. Feel free to make it the same as me or do it differently.
- Instead of Oreo cookie crust consider a graham cracker crust or even opt for a chocolate graham cracker crust.
- Top the dessert with any of your favorite Halloween candies. From gummy eyeballs to gooey spiders, and all things spooky.
- You can add whipped cream to a piping bag and pipe on a border around the chocolate lush dessert if you want.
Tips for Success
Aim to create even layers with each ingredient used. You want to ensure it is smooth so that it creates that creamy texture that you can see the defined layers.
Let the pudding set up a bit as it is going to help thicken it so that when you lightly spread the next layer you keep that defined look.
Use as much or as little food coloring as you would to create how deep of color you would like to make each layer.
When spreading on the layers if you find you want a clean top, just wipe a spatula clean when you are working on creating that smooth top.
Decorating the top with sprinkles and candies will hide any imperfections.
Allow the dessert to set up in the fridge before you go to slice the dessert that way it holds shape.
Slice into chilling squares, place them on a festive platter, and watch as your guests are bewitched by the layers of deliciousness. With its crunchy cookie base, creamy flavor-infused middle layer, and silky topping, this dessert is sure to impress even the most wicked Halloween enthusiasts!
Refrigerate: You can keep any of the lush desserts in the fridge in a sealed container. It is important to keep it chilled otherwise it will spoil and break down and not hold shape.
Freeze: Go right ahead and freeze any of this Halloween layered dessert you don’t want to eat right away. Store in a freezer-friendly container and then thaw in the fridge overnight before you are ready to slice and serve.
Can you use premade pudding in a lush recipe?
If you want to skip making homemade pudding go right ahead. You can buy premade pudding and use that instead. Add in the Jello to create color or skip the orange Jello and read for food coloring.
Are lush desserts customizable?
Yes, you are welcome to change out the fillings, toppings, and such with what you see fit. Fresh sliced fruit, caramel, hot fudge, peanut butter, and other items are great for mixing into the dessert. The mix-in items are endless.
Are lush desserts suitable for special dietary needs?
Go ahead and adjust the ingredients as you need. If you need a dairy-free version using dairy-free ingredients. Or you can opt for gluten-free ingredients or even vegan-friendly ingredients. Just ensure you adjust the ingredients you need for the specific dietary requirements.
This hauntingly easy-to-make dessert is perfect for Halloween parties and gatherings. It’s a layered delight that will leave your taste buds screaming for more! So let’s get started on this wickedly good recipe!
So, gather your ingredients, put on your favorite Halloween playlist, and enjoy creating this fang-tastic No Bake Layered Halloween Lush for a hauntingly good time! ????????
More Halloween Ideas
- 36 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 boxes 3 ounce each orange gelatin
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- 2 boxes 3.4 ounce each vanilla instant pudding & pie filling mix
- 2 ½ cups cold milk
- 1 package 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 8 ounce tubs whipped topping
- Green and purple food coloring
- Halloween sprinkles
- In your food processor crush all the cookies into crumbs.
- Place the cookies into a large bowl and add the melted butter. Mix to combine to make it a sand like texture.
- Press the cookie crumbs into the bottom of a 9×13 glass baking dish.
Orange Gelatin Filling
- Next prepare the fillings.
- In small bowl, place the orange gelatin, and add the boiling water.
- Whisk together until combined and most of the gelatin is dissolved. This will take 2-3 minutes.
- In medium bowl, whisk together the dry pudding mixes and milk until combined. You want to make sure the pudding thickens a bit. This takes a few minutes to get it to thicken.
- Whisk the orange gelatin into the vanilla pudding until completely combined. Just leave it set to the side.
- In large bowl using an electric mixer combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Next you will fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping.
- Stir in a few drops of the purple food coloring, until you get your desired purple shade.
- Spread the purple cheesecake layer over cookie crust.
- Then you will spread the orange jello/pudding layer over the cream cheese layer.
- Mix the rest of the whipped topping with a few drops of the green food coloring until you get the green color you desire.
- Spread the green whipped topping over the gelatin layer.
- Sprinkle with halloween sprinkles or decorate the top as you would like.
- Cover the container and then refrigerate at least 4 hours or until the dessert has set up. Then you will slice and serve.