Turtle Lush is the perfect no bake dessert for any occasion, from a casual family dessert to a party dessert that will impress. Its so easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser, with a perfect balance of chocolate caramel flavors. So next time you’re looking for a delicious and indulgent dessert recipe, give this turtle Lush a try – you won’t be disappointed!
If chocolate turtles are one of your favorite candies, this Turtle Lush dessert will leave your mouth watering. It’s the perfect combination of chocolate, caramel, pecans, and more.
If you want to make the most delicious dessert bars, this Turtle Lush recipe is perfect for you. With ingredients like Oreo crumbs, softened cream cheese, chopped pecans, and caramel sauce, you will have something super flavorful that you can bring to BBQs, family gatherings, and all other kinds of fun events.
Turtle Lush Recipe
Try these Turtle Lush dessert bars when you want the kind of dessert you can enjoy at home or on the go. They’re super simple, absolutely delicious, and perfect for all kinds of occasions. As long as you enjoy the taste of chocolate, caramel, pecans, and a few other ingredients, this Turtle Lush Recipe will leave you impressed with its incredible flavor.
This dessert is incredibly easy to make, and it looks absolutely stunning. Featuring layers of chocolate pudding, whipped cream, & caramel sauce, this dessert is sure to impress your friends and family. Plus, since it’s a no-bake recipe, you can whip it up without having to turn on your oven.
Why You’ll Love This Turtle Dessert
- The Turtle Lush Recipe oozes with flavor, prepared with sweet chocolate, caramel, and more.
- It’s not a difficult dessert to prepare, so you can easily assemble it and enjoy its fantastic taste.
- The dessert is versatile enough to take with you anywhere. Most importantly, you can cut this dessert into bars, taking them with you on the go, and enjoy a sweet pick-me-up as often as you need.
Turtle No Bake Dessert Bars Ingredients
- Oreo Crumbs – Crush your Oreo cookies into crumbs. You will need three cups of the crumbs to prepare this dessert.
- Unsalted Butter – Melt your unsalted butter and make sure you have eight tablespoons of it to use.
- Cream Cheese – Grab an 8-ounce package of cream cheese and allow it to sit out for a bit to soften so you can whip it easily.
- Powdered Sugar – Use powdered sugar to make your cream cheese even sweeter.
- Whipped Topping – Thaw your whipped topping and divide it.
- Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix – You will need one box of the instant chocolate pudding mix.
- Pecans – Of course, you will need pecans for that added flavor and crunch, especially if you want to get the true chocolate turtle taste. Be sure to chop your pecans beforehand.
Other ingredients needed include cold milk, caramel sauce, and chocolate syrup.
Best Dessert Bars Recipe Notes
- When combining your cookie crumbs with the butter, it’s best to use your hands. So, simply wash your hands well and then use them to evenly coat your crumbs, getting plenty of butter on them.
- When you mix your powdered sugar with the cream cheese, continue mixing until all the lumps are gone. You’re going to want a lump-free, smooth consistency when adding the cream cheese to this dessert.
- You can always use homemade whipped cream if you don’t want to use whipped topping. Use what you like best to ensure that you’re enjoying the taste of this Turtle Lush recipe.
Turtle Lush FAQs
What is the texture of this dessert like?
The Turtle Lush Recipe has a fantastic texture. It’s smooth and creamy with a bit of a crunch from the chopped pieces of pecans. It also has the perfect crumbly crust that you will make from scratch by crushing your Oreo cookies and combining them with melted butter.
Can I use any kind of Oreos for the crust of this Turtle Lush recipe?
Yes, you definitely can use different Oreo cookie flavors. However, I wouldn’t suggest using the double-stuffed cookies because they have too much cream, which makes it harder to prepare the perfect crust.
Will I need to have any special equipment to prepare the Turtle Lush Recipe?
When preparing this dessert, you will need a few ingredients, such as a 13×9 baking dish, large and small mixing bowls, an electric hand mixer, a spatula, and a whisk. However, you may already have this equipment at home. If so, you have everything you need to make such a sweet and tasty treat.
If you love chocolate turtles and enjoy savoring the flavor of chocolate with caramel and pecans, prepare this Turtle Lush Recipe because it uses all those ingredients and more. You will prepare such a sweet, decadent dessert that your family will rave over it for months on end! It’s easy, simple, and super delicious, and you can’t beat that.
It’s sure to be a hit at your next dinner party or family gathering. Your taste buds are definitely going to enjoy this dessert! it’s something that everyone should try at least once!
More Recipes You Will Love!
- 3 cups Oreo crumbs
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounces of thawed whipped topping divided
- 1 5.9-ounce box of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk cold
- 1 cup of chopped pecans divided
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- Mix the Oreo crumbs and melted butter together in a small bowl, then press the crumbs into the bottom of a 13×9 dish or pan. Set the crust in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- While the crust is in the freezer, use an electric hand mixer to blend together the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add 8 ounces of whipped topping and continue mixing at low speed until well mixed.
- In a separate large bowl, add the chocolate pudding mix and cold milk and whisk for about 2 minutes or until the chocolate pudding starts to get thick. Then, let the pudding rest for another 2-3 minutes to thicken more.
- Remove the crust from the freezer, and spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the cookie crumb crust. Then sprinkle 1/2 cup of chopped pecans and gently press them into the cream cheese layer.
- Spread the chocolate pudding over the cream cheese and pecan layers, and finally, spread the remaining 8 ounces of whipped topping over the chocolate pudding. Cover the dessert with plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Overnight chilling is best.
- Right before serving, drizzle the caramel sauce and chocolate syrup over the top of the dessert, and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of chopped pecans. Slice and serve chilled.