Reeses Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna is a dreamy dessert that combines two of your most loved flavors – chocolate and peanut butter. Also known as Chocolate Peanut Butter Lush, its a no-bake dessert thats easy to make & absolutely irresistibly delicious . This layered dessert is perfect for all occasions and is guaranteed to leave your family & friends wanting more.
The mouthwatering no bake layers of this dessert are smooth and creamy. The layers are chilled in the refrigerator, allowing all the flavors to meld together and creating a dessert that is rich and indulgent.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna
You’ve likely had a traditional lasagna before, but have you ever had a sweet and tasty dessert lasagna? If not, you’re missing out and need to try this decadent Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna. It’s the perfect dessert to enjoy with the family after a nice meal together, but you can also make it for special occasions, including birthday parties. If you’re a chocolate lover who enjoys the taste of Oreo Cookies and Reese’s Cups, this lasagna is a must-try!
Why You’ll Love This Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Lasagna Recipe
- Although preparing a lasagna may sound like a challenge, this recipe is super simple and stress-free, making it perfect for anyone and everyone to make. You can even let the kids lend a helping hand with this chocolate dessert recipe.
- The Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Lasagna is perfect for peanut butter and chocolate lovers. If you’re having a craving for something sweet, this is the dessert to prepare.
- It’s easy to gather the ingredients needed for this recipe! You might already have the ingredients at home.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Dessert Ingredients
This is one of the best desserts with chocolate and peanut butter that you could possibly make. If you’re a fan of chocolate, peanut butter, and sweet treats, make sure you have the following ingredients ready to assemble the Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Lasagna:
- 25-count oreos – Grab a packet of Oreo Original Cookies. You will use these cookies to prepare the crust of this sweet and tasty lasagna.
- Cream Cheese – You will need an 8-ounce package of cream cheese. Let the cream cheese sit out for a few minutes to soften, making it easier to use in your dessert.
- Granulated Sugar – Add a sweet touch to your dessert lasagna with granulated sugar.
- Whipped Topping – Use a container of whipped topping in this recipe. Allow it to sit out and thaw before using!
- Peanut Butter – Adding peanut butter to this lasagna is the perfect way to give it that Reese’s flavor.
- Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix – Use one box of instant chocolate pudding mix.
- Milk – Combine your instant pudding mix with three cups of cold milk.
With these and a few other ingredients, such as chocolate fudge, butter, and miniature peanut butter cups cut in halves, you can make this incredible dessert.
Peanut Butter Cup Lasagna Notes
- When leaving your cream cheese on the counter to soften, only let it sit out for two hours. You want to leave it out long enough to get soft without going bad on you.
- You can warm your peanut butter in two different ways. I like to add a bit of it to the saucepan and allow it to melt down and reach a thinner consistency. However, you can also add it to a microwave-safe bowl and heat it in the microwave instead of using the saucepan.
- If you want a saltier crust, use salted butter. However, if you want to ditch the salt, you can use unsalted butter for your homemade crust and the dessert will still come out tasting just as good.
Aside from being delicious, no bake and super easy to make, reeses chocolate peanut butter lasagna also makes a great option for potlucks, picnics, BBQs or any gathering where you need to bring a dessert. It’s easy to transport, and once you arrive at your destination, you can simply cut it into squares and serve.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna FAQs
Will I need special equipment to prepare the Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Lasagna?
When preparing this dessert lasagna, it helps to have a food processor, 13×9 baking dish, mixing bowl, electric stand mixer with the paddle attachment, a whisk, and a spatula. Having these components will make it easier for you to put this dessert lasagna together with ease.
What else can I add to the top of this dessert lasagna?
Along with the peanut butter cups cut in halves, you can add peanut butter chips and mini chocolate chip morsels on top of this dessert. They will pair well with the rest of the ingredients.
Can I make this dessert in advance?
Yes! You can make the chocolate lasagna in advance and then cover it with plastic wrap, placing it in the fridge to keep it fresh. It will remain fresh and flavorful for up to four days in the fridge.
Enjoy a decadent treat with family and friends when you prepare this easy Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Lasagna. It’s fun to prepare and delicious to eat!
One of the best things about this dessert is that it can be customized to your preference. You can add more or less peanut butter or chocolate, depending on what you like best. If you prefer a richer dessert, you can add more chocolate pudding. If you are a peanut butter lover, you can add more peanut butter cups or peanut butter layers.
More Recipes You Will Love
Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Lasagna
- 25 regular Oreos
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- Peanut Butter Layer
- 8 ounces of cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups peanut butter
- 8 ounces of whipped topping thawed
Chocolate Pudding Layer
- 1 large 5.9-ounce box of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk cold
- 8 ounces whipped topping thawed
- 1/2 cup warmed Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate fudge topping or syrup
- 30 mini peanut butter cups cut in half
- First, start by making the crust. Place the whole Oreos in a food processor and blend at high speed until they are fine crumbs.
- Slowly pour in the melted butter while the food processor runs at low speed, then give the mixture a quick stir to make sure it is mixed well.
- Press the crumbs into the bottom of a 13×9 baking dish or pan, then place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- While the crust is freezing, make the layers. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and sugar, and use an electric mixer to blend them until smooth.
- Add the peanut butter and continue mixing until, once again, smooth.
- Spoon in the whipped topping and mix at low speed until completely mixed. Set aside.
- In a separate large or medium bowl, add the chocolate pudding mix and cold milk. Whisk until the pudding starts to thicken, then let it sit for another 2-3 minutes or until the pudding is very thick.
- Pour the peanut butter cream cheese mixture over the Oreo crust, and smooth it out evenly. Then spread the chocolate pudding over the peanut butter layer, and finally, spread the remaining whipped topping over the top.
- Cover the dessert with plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, but overnight is best.
- Top with warmed peanut butter, hot fudge topping or chocolate syrup, and mini peanut butter cups.
- Serve chilled.