Calling all witches, goblins, and fans of all things spooky! It’s the most bewitching time of the year, and what better way to celebrate than with a drink inspired by the iconic Hocus Pocus Sanderson Sisters? Gather ’round, my fellow Halloween enthusiasts, as we delve into a potion that’s sure to cast a spell on your taste buds – the Sanderson Sisters Margarita!
Sip on this pomegranate and blackberry-flavored Sanderson Sisters Margarita as you watch Hocus Pocus this Halloween. This is a Hocus Pocus margarita that was created with the inspiration of the three sisters on Hocus Pocus. This cocktail is made with fresh blackberries, pomegranate blueberry juice, Blanco tequila, lime, and more.
Each sip will give you that sweet zing, that will leave you wanting one more sip. This Halloween margarita is not only gorgeous but tastes incredible down to the last sip. Rich in color, bold in flavor.
With the release of Hocus Pocus 2, you might be feeling like binging both movies. This is the perfect adult beverage to make. And for the kids just leave out the alcohol for the perfect Halloween mocktail!
What is a Sanderson Sisters Margarita?
This is a fun and delicious deep-colored margarita that is named after the sisters of the movie Hocus Pocus. This drink is made with blackberries, agave, Triple Sec, Tequila, blueberry pomegranate juice, and more. A tart and sweet margarita with a nice kick served in a slat garnished glass.
Reasons Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Sweet and tangy all-in-one refreshing drink. This is a great combination that will tickle those taste buds.
- A fun-themed drink that is perfect for the Halloween and fall seasons.
- Aesthetic presentation! It is full of gorgeous deep color with a pop of color with the lime wedge.
- Fresh flavors are used with the fresh blackberries used in the drink.
- Customize the drink to fit what you have on hand or what you want in terms of flavor.
- This is a great recipe to make for a small gathering or a crowd.
Blackberries – Fresh blackberries that are bright and plump are key. You will find this berry is a sweet and tart flavor.
Agave – The sweetener I used is agave nectar. This is going to help balance out the tart of the drink.
Pomegranate Blueberry Juice – I wanted to use the pomegranate and blueberry juice for a nice sweet splash. Pomegranate is a very distinct flavor so I hope you enjoy the pairing.
Triple Sec – Triple Sec offers a nice orange citrus flavor. You will find it is going to help balance out since the acidic.
Tequila – I used Blanco Tequila but you are welcome to reach for any brand of tequila for this drink.
Lime – You will want fresh lime juice and lime wedges for the drink. You will use a lime wedge to rub around the glass to help the salt stick.
Salt – Reach for the coarse salt that you will use for making margaritas. You can buy this in the cocktail aisle in the grocery store.
Sparkling Water – Blackberry sparkling water is going to add a nice bubbly and fizzy component to the drink.
Mint And Rosemary – These two herbs are great for garnishing and flavoring the margarita.
- Use honey instead of agave for sweetening. Or even maple syrup can be used.
- Grab a blender and blend up the drink to make a frozen margarita.
- If you don’t want seeds you can run the drink through a fine mesh sieve.
- Muddle some cucumbers with the blackberries for a twist in flavor.
- Use a raspberry or even strawberry juice instead of the pomegranate.
- Add other berries into the recipe for added berry flavor. Just muddle all the berries at the same time.
- If you want a spicy margarita add in some jalapeno and muddle with the berries for a bit of spice.
Tips For Success
Make sure that you pick fresh and ripe berries to help elevate the flavor of the drink. Otherwise, you will find it can lack a bit of flavor.
Make sure to muddle your fruit as it is going to release the sweetness of the fruit. Don’t overmash though or it can become bitter.
Feel free to chill your glass in the freezer. This is going to give your drink that icy chilled temperature and really elevate the flavor tremendously.
I love rimming the glass with salt, but if you want you can always use coarse sugar so it is going to give the margarita a sweeter flavor.
Make sure to mix the drink well. You can add it into a shaker or you can whisk it up. You need all the flavors to be blended well.
Lemon Lime Soda
If you don’t want to use sparkling water you can easily use a lemon-lime soda or even ginger ale. This is going to add a nice bubble texture to the drink.
As the full moon rises and the clock strikes midnight, let’s harness the magical essence of these wickedly talented witches from “Hocus Pocus” and conjure up a cocktail that honors their mischievous spirit. This cocktail recipe combines a delightful mix of flavors, reminiscent of their whimsical brews.
Appetizers and Desserts To Pair With Cocktail
Here are a few of my favorite recipes to consider pairing next to your cocktail. Give this mummy jalapeno popper as a savory appetizer to nibble on as you sip this sweet cocktail. Or whip up these ghost truffles for a sweet treat to give that spooky vibe to your cocktail.
For another boozy option consider trying to whip up these ghost jello shots. These are loaded with booze and will ramp up a party in minutes.
What type of tequila is best for blackberry margaritas?
Silver or Blanco tequila is the two types of tequila I would recommend for making this margarita. Both are very clean and fresh flavors that are not going to overtake other flavors in the drink.
Can I use frozen blackberries instead of fresh ones?
Go right ahead and use frozen berries if you want. Just make sure that you still muddle the berries straight from being frozen if you want. This is going to ensure it releases the blackberry flavor in the cocktail.
What can I use as a substitute for agave nectar?
Maple syrup, simple syrup, or even honey are all great swaps for the sweetener. Now if you want a sugar-free option use a sugar-free sweetener of choice.
Can I make a non-alcoholic version of the Sanderson Sisters margarita?
Swap the tequila out for juice or opt to add in lemon-lime soda or ginger ale. Both will work great for adding a nice flavor to the drink without the alcohol.
So, whether you’re hosting a Halloween party, conjuring up mischief with friends, or simply enjoying an evening under the spell of this beloved movie, the Sanderson Sisters Margarita is a potion that will transport you to a world of sorcery, laughter, and Halloween enchantment. Cheers, my fellow Halloween lovers, and may your celebration be as unforgettable as the Sanderson Sisters themselves!
More Drink Ideas
Sanderson Sisters Margarita
- ½ cup blackberries plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 3 oz pomegranate blueberry juice
- 1.5 oz Triple sec
- 3 oz blanco tequila
- Juice from 1 lime
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Salt for garnish
- Ice for serving
- Splash of blackberry sparkling water optional
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Fresh rosemary for garnish (optional)
- Add blackberries into the glass with agave nectar. Muddle the fruit to get it to release the juices.
- Pour in the blueberry juice, triple sec, tequila and lime juice.
- Stir well to combine the ingredients.
- Rim the glass with lime juice and roll the glass in the salt.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Pour the margarita mixture into the glass through a mesh strainer. Top with sparkling water, garnish with lime, mint, rosemary, and blackberries.