As summer approaches, we are all on the lookout for delicious & easy-to-make desserts that will keep us cool and satisfied on those hot afternoons. And what better way to do it than with my sweet Golden Oreo Icebox Cake?!
This Golden Oreo Icebox Cake is easy to whip up and enjoy. You can make it for a party or to enjoy at home.
Looking for a delicious and easy dessert to impress your guests or simply satisfy your sweet tooth? Look no further than Golden Oreo Icebox Cake! This no-bake dessert is the perfect combination of sweet, creamy, and crunchy, with layers of golden Oreo cookies, pudding and whipped cream are chilled in the fridge until they’re delightfully soft and cake-like. With simple ingredients and minimal prep time, this dessert is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a summer barbecue, a birthday party, or a cozy night in. Follow this easy recipe and enjoy a slice of creamy, dreamy heaven!
Why You’ll Love Golden Oreo Icebox Cake
- Perfect for any occasion: Whether it’s a family dinner, a picnic, or a birthday party, Golden Oreo Icebox Cake is a crowd-pleaser. It’s the perfect sweet treat for any occasion.
- Easy to make: This no-bake dessert is a breeze to whip up. With only a few simple ingredients, you can make a delicious dessert without ever turning on the oven!
- Deliciously creamy and crunchy: Layers of whipped cream and golden Oreo cookies create a mouth-watering combination of creamy and crunchy textures. Every bite is a heavenly experience that you’ll crave again and again.
This delightful dessert is the perfect choice for any gathering, big or small. It is all about layering everyones favorite Oreo cookies between juicy whipped cream layers.
The combination of the light and creamy whipped cream, the crunchy cookies, and the refreshing flavor of the Golden Oreo cookies makes a mouthwatering sensation that will please any sweet tooth.
Icebox Cake with Cool Whip Ingredients
- Package of instant vanilla pudding mix – This dry powder mix is made from sugar, cornstarch, modified food starch, natural and artificial flavorings, and food coloring. When mixed with cold milk, it forms a thick, creamy vanilla pudding that serves as a delicious layer in the cake.
- Cold milk – Helps to activate the instant vanilla pudding mix. This milk provides the necessary liquid to form the pudding layer of the cake.
- Whipped topping – When thawed, the whipped topping is fluffy and creamy, making it the perfect topping for the cake.
- Golden Oreos – A popular type of sandwich cookie, Golden Oreos have a vanilla-flavored cookie exterior with a creamy, sweet filling. These cookies are layered on the cake, adding a delicious crunch and texture to the dessert.
FAQs for Golden Oreo Cake
Can I use regular Oreos instead of Golden Oreos?
Yes, you can! Regular Oreos will work just as well in this recipe. However, keep in mind that using regular Oreos will result in a more chocolatey flavor for the dessert.
How long does it take to make this dessert?
This dessert is super easy to make and requires no baking time! It only takes about 20 minutes to prepare, but it does need to chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours (or overnight) before serving.
Can I make this dessert ahead of time?
Yes! The beauty of this dessert is that it can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until ready to serve. It’s a great dessert to make ahead of parties or events.
Do I have to use instant vanilla pudding mix?
Instant vanilla pudding mix works best for this recipe because it sets quickly and provides a creamy and flavorful layer for the cake. However, if you prefer, you can use regular vanilla pudding mix, though it might not set up as well.
Can I add any other toppings to this dessert?
Absolutely! You can add fresh fruit, chocolate chips, or even a drizzle of caramel sauce to the top of the cake for added flavor and texture. The possibilities are endless!
This recipe is easy to modify and perfect for special events and parties, so feel free to make it your own. Add in some strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries for a colorful and flavorful spin on the classic recipe, or whip up the filling with different flavored extracts like almond or strawberry for a unique twist.
More Recipes You Will Love!
Golden Oreo Icebox Cake
- 1 5.1-ounce package of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 8-ounce container of whipped topping, thawed
- 34 Golden Oreos
- 8 Golden Oreos crushed
- Whisk together the vanilla pudding mix and cold milk in a large bowl until it starts to thicken, after about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the thawed whipped topping, and fold it in gently with a spatula. Set aside.
- Place a single layer of Golden Oreos in the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish or pan. Cut a couple of Oreos in half to fill in the empty spaces.
- Spoon about half of the pudding over the Oreo layer and spread evenly.
- Place another singer layer of Oreos over the pudding, then spread the rest of the pudding on top.
- Sprinkle the crushed Oreos on top, cover with plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours. (Overnight is best for the Oreos to soften slightly.)
- Slice and serve chilled.