As Summer approaches, it’s time to start thinking about refreshing dishes that are perfect for outdoor gatherings and picnics. If you’re looking for a dish that’s both delicious and easy to make, then you need to try Macaroni Dill Pasta Salad. This pasta salad is full of flavor and can be made in advance, making it perfect for busy weeknights or weekends.
Looking for a quick and easy side dish that tastes delicious? Try this Macaroni Dill Pasta Salad recipe that goes great alongside whatever grilled meat you go with.
Take your summer side dish to the next level with this recipe for Macaroni Dill Pasta Salad. It’s perfect for serving alongside hot dogs, hamburgers, grilled chicken, and other tasty entrees.
Prepare a Delicious Macaroni Dill Pasta Salad
If you normally prepare a simple macaroni salad with macaroni noodles, mayo, and onions, you might feel like it’s lacking some major flavor. If you’d like to switch things up, try this Macaroni Dill Salad because it’s full of flavor. It contains more than just three ingredients, but it’s still so easy to put together. Once you’ve mixed your ingredients, you can let everything sit in the fridge for a few hours before you serve it with your favorite foods. It’s the perfect appetizer to serve for lunch or dinner!
Why You Should Make the Salad Dill Recipe
- It’s such an easy salad to make with minimal ingredients, including mayo, macaroni noodles, garlic, and sour cream.
- The Macaroni Dill Salad tastes great with all kinds of meals. You can eat it as an appetizer on its own or serve it on the side with grilled chicken thighs, ribs, or a cheeseburger!
- It’s the perfect dish to make for family gatherings and special occasions with loved ones because it’s easy to make. People love the fresh flavor of this incredible salad.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make the Dill Pasta Salad Recipe
Make your Macaroni Dill Salad with these simple ingredients, most of which you may already have at home:
- Macaroni Noodles. Measure out two cups of macaroni noodles and then boil them in a pot on the stove.
- Radish. Chop your radish into fine pieces.
- Green Pepper. Chop your green pepper into small pieces.
- Cayenne Pepper. Use just a bit of cayenne pepper to give this salad more flavor.
- Mayo. You’ll need a cup of mayo to create the perfect dressing for the salad.
- Garlic. Use a clove of garlic to bring a unique taste to this dish.
- Sour Cream. The sour cream contributes to the creamy texture of such a tasty side salad.
You’ll also need salt, pepper, fresh chopped dill, and Dijon mustard. With these common ingredients, it’s possible to make the best macaroni salad you’ve ever prepared and tasted.
Can I use Miracle Whip instead of mayo?
It’s a good idea to use mayo for this recipe because Miracle Whip has a slightly sweeter taste that can alter the overall flavor of the Macaroni Dill Salad. If it’s all you have at home and you’re making this salad in a pinch, you can use it.
Do I need to use fresh garlic in this salad?
Although fresh garlic is always an excellent choice, you can use minced garlic from a jar to add flavor to this salad. If you don’t feel like peeling and chopping the fresh garlic, it’s a great alternative that still brings lots of flavor to this salad.
Be sure to not overcook the macaroni noodles. They should be cooked until they’re tender but not mushy. Finally, be careful not to overdo it with the salt and pepper. You want the flavors to be balanced and not too overpowering.
What if I don’t have macaroni noodles to use?
It’s best to use macaroni noodles. If you don’t have them, you can substitute them with a different type of pasta noodles, such as rotini, spirals, or rotelle. If you can’t get out to the store, use what you have available for your convenience.
Is this macaroni salad spicy?
While this Macaroni Dill Salad calls for a bit of cayenne pepper, it isn’t spicy! The cayenne pepper adds a bit more flavor to the dish, but it’s not an overpowering taste because of all the other ingredients used to make this dish, including the mayo, sour cream, and fresh dill.
How long does the salad need to sit in the fridge before serving?
Once you’ve boiled the macaroni and have combined it with the seasonings, mayo, and other ingredients, be sure to let it chill in the fridge for a minimum of two hours. If you can leave it in the fridge to chill overnight, it’ll taste even better. You want to make sure it gets cold before you serve it. The cold macaroni salad will taste great with food from the grill, including hot dogs, chicken, and burgers.
How do I store the Macaroni Dill Salad?
Store your Macaroni Dill Salad in a plastic food storage container with an airtight lid and place it in the fridge. You can leave it stored in the refrigerator for up to five days.
More Recipes You Will Love!
Macaroni Dill Pasta Salad
- 2 cups macaroni noodles uncooked
- 1 cup radish chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh dill chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Cook macaroni noodles according to package directions. Drain. Rinse noodles in cold water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients. Add macaroni, radishes and green pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add cayenne, salt and pepper and stir again to combine.
- Cover salad and chill in the fridge for at least two hours before serving.