Pumpkin spice pudding cookies are homemade cookie that is made with pumpkin spice Jello pudding, flour, butter, white chocolate chips, brown sugar, and more. A fall cookie recipe that is bursting with pumpkin spice flavor in each bite.
These pudding cookies are the perfect dessert for the fall season. If you have not tried a pudding cookie yet, you will be surprised at how incredible they are. The pudding is a secret ingredient that creates a sweet and soft baked autumn cookie.
Attention all autumn enthusiasts! Get ready to indulge in the perfect fall treat that will satisfy your pumpkin cravings and sweet tooth. Introducing our irresistible Pumpkin Spice Pudding Cookies with White Chocolate Chips! Craving even more pumpkin spice recipes? Try out this pumpkin spice earthquake cake, pumpkin whoopie pies, or even these pumpkin donuts.
What Are Pumpkin Spice Pudding Cookies?
If you are unsure what pumpkin spice pudding cookies are, then let me help! They are a cookie that uses a pudding mix to transform the flavor and texture of a homemade cookie.
Pudding cookies create a softer cookie that has a slight chew to it. These pumpkin pudding cookies are a crowd favorite every time they are made.
Reasons You Will Love This Recipe
- These pumpkin cookies are bursting with pumpkin spice flavor in each bite.
- A moist and soft baked cookie recipe.
- Easy step-by-step instructions on how to make the perfect cookie every single time.
- Festive for the fall season and family gatherings.
- Simple pantry staple ingredients you might already have on hand.
Butter: Butter gives cookies that rich and chewy texture. I recommend real butter over margarine.
Sugar: Granulated and brown sugar are both used to enhance the sweetness of the cookies. The brown sugar gives a bit of a light caramel flavor.
Pudding: Reach for a box of pumpkin spice pudding that will truly enhance the softness and flavor of the pudding cookies.
Eggs: Room temperature eggs incorporate best in the cookie dough. Eggs are also used as the binder to a cookie dough.
Vanilla: Vanilla extract will bring out the flavors of all the ingredients in the recipe, as well as sweeten the cookies a bit.
Flour: All purpose flour is what I recommend for making these jello pudding cookies. Scoop into the measuring cup and then level it off.
Baking Soda: You will use baking soda to help allow the cookies to rise as they bake up in the oven.
Pumpkin Spice: A dash of pumpkin spice seasoning is going to add deep and warm spices to the cookie dough and richen the pumpkin flavor.
Nutmeg: Nutmeg will add even more richness to all the spices.
Chocolate Chips: White chocolate chips are the perfect sweetness to compliment the pumpkin flavor.
- If you can’t find pumpkin spice pudding reach for vanilla or even French vanilla. Both would be great.
- Add a twist of flavor and do a cheesecake-flavored pudding.
- Instead of white chocolate chips do semi-sweet chips or milk chocolate.
- Swap out the chocolate chips for a dried cranberry or even chopped nut. Both would be a great addition in the flavor.
- Leave out the chocolate chips for a classic soft-baked cookies.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle on top of the cookies for a delicious treat.
- Leave out the nutmeg and just do the pumpkin spice.
Tips For Success
Instead of melting butter, it is important to use softened butter. Make sure to cream the butter and sugar together that is softened. This is going to create the proper texture for the cookies.
Scoop the flour into the measuring cup with a spoon. Then use a knife to level off the top to ensure you do not pack the flour into the measuring cup.
Reach for a cookie scoop so you get evenly-sized cookies. This is important that way all the cookies bake up evenly.
White Chocolate Chips
I like to take extra white chocolate chips and place them on top of the balls of cookie dough. This is going to give you that bakery-style cookie.
Using parchment paper on the cookie sheet is going to ensure the cookies do not stick. Also, aim for 2 inches apart from each cookie dough ball. As the cookies bake they will spread out a bit.
Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before you place them on the cooling rack. This allows the cookies to cool for a few minutes so that they hold shape and won’t break apart when you try to move them.
These soft and chewy cookies are infused with the beloved flavors of pumpkin spice that will transport you straight to a cozy, pumpkin patch-filled day. The addition of creamy white chocolate chips takes these cookies to the next level, creating a truly decadent and delightful combo.
Gather your loved ones and share the joy of savoring these fall-inspired goodies. Whether you’re hosting a cozy gathering, planning a fun-filled pumpkin carving party, or simply enjoying a lazy afternoon by the fireplace – these cookies are bound to leave your friends and family smiling from ear to ear.
Make sure you know that the cooking time is a range. Depending on your oven, altitude, and such the cooking time can vary a bit. Cookies are done when the edges are light and golden and if you stick a toothpick in the center of the cookie it comes out clean of wet batter.
Room Temperature – You can store any of the cookies you do not eat right away in a sealed airtight container at room temperature. The cookies will last for around 3-4 days. You will find with each day the cookies will dry out.
Freezing – Also, you can freeze pumpkin spice pudding cookies. Just place it in a sealed container and freeze it for 2-3 months. Then thaw on the counter or eat straight from the freezer.
What if I can’t find pumpkin spice pudding mix?
Any vanilla or French vanilla pudding will work. You could even reach for a butterscotch pudding and find it still offers a great pairing with the pumpkin spice.
How do I prevent cookies from spreading too much?
If your cookie dough is spreading, you can fix this by refrigerating the cookie dough for 30 minutes to 1 hour. This will help the cookies from spreading too much as it is baked.
Can I freeze cookie dough?
Make your cookie dough balls and then flash freeze for 1 hour. Then transfer to a freezer container and then freeze for up to 6 months. Then when you want a cookie or a batch preheat oven and bake for a few extra minutes. Bake the cookies straight from frozen.
So, this fall, when the pumpkin fever takes over, give in to those delightful cravings and savor these perfectly soft yet chewy cookies with a huge glass of cold milk!
So why wait? Grab your apron, preheat your oven, and let’s bake up some mouthwatering Pumpkin Spice Pudding Cookies with White Chocolate Chips. Let these delectable treats redefine your love affair with pumpkin spice, one bite at a time.
More Fall Recipes
Pumpkin Spice Pudding Cookies
- 2 sticks butter softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3.4 oz instant pumpkin spice Jello pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups white chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 11×17 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars until smooth using an electric hand or stand mixer.
- Add the pudding package and mix for another minute until fully combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and continue to mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to the pudding mixture and blend until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the white chocolate chip, mixing evenly.
- Using a 1 inch cookie scoop, scoop each cookie compactly and roll in the palms of your hands, creating an even and round shape.
- Place each cookie dough ball on the baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart. Repeat until the sheet is full.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- When done, allow the cookie to cool on the baking sheet for about 1 minute before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve immediately or when completely cooled.